Sunday, April 17, 2011

Thought #7

Heard this song on the radio this morning..."Forgiven" by Sanctus Real

"When I don't fit in and I don’t feel like I belong anywhere
When I don’t measure up to much in this life
Oh, I’m a treasure in the arms of Christ ‘cause

I’m forgiven
I’m forgiven
And I don’t have to carry
The weight of who I’ve been
Cause I’m forgiven

In this life
I know what I’ve been
But here in your arms
I know what I am"

I love this song as well as Sanctus Real's "I'm Not Alright." Their songs really speak well to struggling with thoughts of not being good enough and/or not being who God has us to be. In the not too distant past, I've been working on myself - working on escaping the masks I have been wearing for many years and becoming myself - becoming who God wants me to be. And these songs serve as great reminders of where I've been, where I am now, and where I am going. = )

No comments: