Saturday, April 16, 2011

Thought #5

A few months ago, I heard a pretty awesome song on the radio, and today I was reminded of it. It's by Sanctus Real and is called "Lead Me."

Some of the lyrics go like this:
"I look around and see my wonderful life
Almost perfect from the outside...
Father, give me the strength
To be everything I'm called to be
Oh, Father, won't You lead me?
'Cause I can't do this alone
Father, lead me 'cause I can't do this alone."

I love this song so much. It not only captures how a true, Godly marriage should work, but it also encourages me because it speaks of how we don't have it all together all the time, and we always need God to be there for us and keep us in line. If God is not leading me, then I am in the wrong. I need to follow God's plan for my life, so I need to listen to His Will and follow His lead, just as I will follow my husband's lead in the future. It's not totally the same thing, since God is number one and always the first to listen to and follow, but it still applies. I just love the message this song sends and the reminder it brings me.

No comments: