Thursday, April 14, 2011

Thought #3

I have been reading through Jerry Bridges Trusting God: Even When Life Hurts as part of my devotions recently, and today, this quote really struck a chord within me:

"You can entrust your future to God...He will never allow any action against you that is not in accord with His will for you. And His will is always directed to our good."

I struggle sometimes with wondering what's going on with my life and where my life is going - what my future will look like. I try to focus on the promise of Jeremiah 29:11 that God does have a plan for me, and this plan is one which is ultimately for my good and my life is in God's hands no matter what happens. This quote just reminded me once again that I must lay my future completely in God's hands. He knows what will happen in the future, and He has planned it all. I need not worry about tomorrow. Today has enough problems of its own that I do not need to be adding stress about what I cannot control. I am definitely still working through these things, and I feel like I am not the only one who has or is struggling with this currently. So that's my thought for tonight albeit quite a deep one. The Lord knows what I need, and His plans for my life are perfect no matter how it might look or seem right now = )

No comments: