5 days...
3 weeks...
6 weeks...
2 years...
Tonight I've been thinking about how we are always counting down to some specified time in the future - we are always thinking about our future - we are always looking forward to something that is happening in the future. I know I do this all the time. If I'm in school, I'm counting down to a break or to summer or to graduation. If it's summer, I'm counting down to the time I'll get to see my college friends again. I just always seem to be counting down to something...
Why don't we appreciate every day for what it's worth instead of always looking ahead? Why do we waste so many minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, and years thinking about the future when we could be enjoying the present?
The fact that I'm 5 days from Easter break and going home again, 3 weeks from this semester being over, 6 weeks from summer break beginning, and 2 years from graduating college does not matter in the grand scheme of today. Today God has blessed me with more time on this earth. He did not have to keep me alive today. He does not have to keep me alive another second...I do not know how long I will live. So I must live every moment to its fullest. I am going to focus on today's thought - rather than wasting time counting down and looking forward to the future, taking every moment I am graciously given and living it to the fullest - and try to live this out every day.
No comments:
Post a Comment