Saturday, July 9, 2011

Thought #42

Steven Curtis Chapman is coming out with a new album next month. One of his singles was just released on the air. This song hit home with me when I heard it today...

Long Way Home (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpYEwbHPjrs&feature=related)

"I set out on a great adventure the day my Father started leading me home. He said there's gonna be some mountains to climb and some valleys we're gonna go through. But I had no way of knowing just how hard this journey could be. Cuz the mountains are steeper and the valleys are deeper than I ever would've dreamed.

But I know we're gonna make it. And I know we're gonna get there soon. And I know sometimes it seems like we're going the wrong way. But it's just a long way home.

Some rocks in my shoes, fears I wish I could lose. They make the mountains so hard to climb. And my heart gets so heavy with the weight of the world sometimes. And there's a bag of regrets and 'should have beens' and 'not yets' I keep on dragging around, and I can hardly wait till the day I get to lay them all down.

Well I know that day is coming. And I know it's gonna be here soon. And I won't turn back even if the whole world says I'm going the wrong way. Cuz it's just a long way home.

And when we can't take another step, the Father will pick us up and carry us in His arms. And even on the best days, He says to remember we're not home yet, so don't get too comfortable cuz really all we are is just pilgrims passing through.

Our God has made a promise, and I know everything He says is true, and He promised He would never ever leave us. He's gonna lead us. He'll lead us home - every single step of the long way home. So keep on. We're gonna make it."

No comments: